Age range: 0 to 1 ½ or 2 years
Class size: Up to 12 children and their parents
Class length: 45 minutes once a week (Parent or caregiver attends the entire class.)
Plus access to all home CD music and additional home activities online at Play.Kindermusik.com.
Who knew that gazing into your baby’s eyes could be the most exciting part of your day? In Kindermusik, we understand how precious this time is with your little one. That’s why we created Village.
In a Kindermusik Village class, we take those special bonding moments between you and your baby and add in a unique blend of musical learning activities that stimulate and engage all of the senses. Your educator will teach you how to encourage your baby’s learning through vocal play, object exploration, instruments, and creative movement.
What You’ll Experience in Class
- Variety of music. Musical diversity builds strong neural networks in a baby’s forming mind, which is why each Kindermusik semester contains an array of styles, sounds, and genres.
- Instrument play. Age-appropriate experiences with child-safe instruments enhances a sense of rhythm and steady beat, develops a keen awareness of the distinguishing qualities of sound, and encourages spontaneity and creativity.
- Dance. A classroom full of baby and adult pairs dancing together helps a little body develop the muscle strength needed to crawl and walk and helps a little heart to fall in love with the sheer joy of responding to music.
- Together time. A Kindermusik class is truly the essence of “quality time,” offering you a place to create special memories with your child, gain new insights into your child’s development, and nurture your child’s natural love of music.
- Expert advice. A Kindermusik educator explains “what-to-watch-for” every step of the way and how each activity enhances your child’s complete development.
- Learning continues at home. With the home materials, the learning continues at home with your child’s best teacher — you!
Themes and home materials for fall 2012
Each Home Materials Packet includes:
- Baby’s Literature Book — Board books with delightful, colorful artwork.
- Home CD — Features all songs and chants from class plus more!
- An instrument
- Art Banners — Aids baby’s visual and language development.
- Diaper Bag (New Students Only)
- Plus access to all home CD music and additional home activities online at Play.Kindermusik.com